I broke down and picked up a couple of older 4x M8's here last week or the week before. I put one on a little 357 Max today and sighted it in on my lunch break. Friction adjustments. Bore sighted at a post, fired 3 at 50 yards, made an adjustment and moved to 100, fired 3 more....measured and adjusted. In all cases the measure was from the group of 2 in the 3 shot group. The final 3 shot group after the last adjustment is below.....the one out was the first shot, which was in the same place as the previous group of 2.

It was so incredibly consistent in the adjustment occurring AFTER the next shot. I couldn't help but laugh about it. It's 3x the ammo to sight one in vs a NF, SWFA, S&B, Tract....I could have gotten away with 2 shots each time but if I had made adjustments off of one shot it would have been chasing zero all day.

These have a lot of great user characteristics on eye relief, weight, ease of head placement. I won't do a lot of serious shooting until deer season ends in February but I'll probably hunt this one a few times....we'll see how it holds up and if it holds zero. The little .357 Max is a tack driver for a less than 6 lbs scoped rifle.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]