I've used Leupold scopes for ~ 30 years, 3 scopes had to be returned for repair, internals messed up.

In their use over those years they were very frustrating to get a zero then hold it. Seems every time I did a range day the scopes never held a tight zero.

One poster mentioned the elite series of Bushnell, had a 4.5x30 Tactical Elite, it tracked fairly well but I did discover that it did not hold a solid zero, eg: on a target rifle usually get in the <1 moa range, I replaced the scope and with the same set up, loads rifle etc. the rifle now would consistently group 0.5-0.6 moa at 330 yards, 5 and 10 shot groups. Certainly no issue for a hunter, but not much good for a competitive shooter.

SWFA does hold zero and track well, as does Sightron III's.

And, mounting a scope properly is key to get the best performance.

Leupold , like many other 'old' companies has decided to take the equity out of the brand, I'm sure they can manufacture anything that would compete with the world's best but do not. Quick cash is the business model and [bleep] the future.

Yep, a Rem 700 with a Leupold on top was the state of the art 40 years ago, both companies considered 'blue collar' premiums.