Originally Posted by Willto
Makes sense. I know a lot of people that hunt and kill animals, but the only shooting they do is just before the season when they go out and pace off 100 or 200 steps and make sure they can hit a cereal box. Just readjust on the cereal box if needed and go hunting.
There’s nothing wrong with that, it obviously works for a lot of people. But those same people are not likely going to know if there is anything wrong with their scopes.

A friend of mine hunted this year with a younger guy that had just bought a new rifle and scope. He had it mounted and bore sighted at the store, bought some ammo and went hunting without doing any shooting. Then he killed two deer. I’m sure he thinks his scope is awesome, but his experience and opinion would have very little value.

And here we go with this bullchit again. Basically the old, "all Leupolds suck and if you don't know this fact it's because you are a goober who only bore sights his rifle and calls it good for hunting season if it keeps 3 shots on a sheet of poster paper at 100 yards".

That's just horse chit. In addition to Leupold scopes I also own Zeiss, Swarovski, Nikon, and even one Schmidt & Bender. I also know how to properly sight in a rifle. I have had no more difficulty sighting in any of my Leupold scoped rifles than I have with any of the other scopes I own. And I have never had any of them fail to hold zero. That goes for the 6 I currently own and a few more I sold along with the rifle they were mounted on over the years. I also probably have at least 10 or more family members and friends that own at least 1 Leupold scope. Some of them more than that. No reported problems from them either. And believe me because of the constant stream of negativity here I have specifically asked them.

I am nobodies sunshine pumping fan boy either. I fully realize that any company that makes thousands of scopes every year is going to have failures. A lemon is possible with any company. But I find it weird that none of the people I know of outside the internet seem to have these consistent problems with Leupold scopes. In fact the vast majority of places you go online have a good opinion of them. But come here and the Leupold failure rate jumps to 98.7 percent. Amazing. Maybe what some of you guys need is a priest or a shaman to lift whatever optics curse one of you ex wives placed on your asses. LOL!

I actually didn’t mention Leupold at all, or any scope brand. What I said is that some experiences and opinions hold more value than others, and that has shown in this thread.