Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
During a particularly rough patch at one place I was working overseas, I took an older and very reliable American made Burris 2-7 compact and mounted it on my M4. It got used a more there in 6 months than most scopes would see in lifetimes. It never failed in any way.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I later switched to a Leupold 1.5-5 illuminated LPVO and used that for years in the M.E.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The punchline is though, I have nothing bad to say about the older American made Burris scopes. I also have an older American made set of Burris 12x signature series binoculars that I have been using for 20 years now and have never felt the need to upgrade glass.

I have one of those 2-7 Burris Compact’s and it was on my main bump-in-the-night AR15 for over a decade. Contrary to what was stated above, that particular model has miles of eye relief and is a great “sneaker” scope for an AR. I remember when Art assured us all that Burris scopes had short eye relief. I shone a light through it with a ruler laid down to demonstrate the long eye relief but he still wouldn’t believe his lyin’ eyes.... good times.

I do feel that the 1-4 Zeiss V4 on the rifle now is a substantial upgrade, but the Burris is sitting in my safe awaiting its next mission. I’d never sell that thing. It’s worth waaay more than its “worth”, if that makes sense.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!