I can only talk about my experience with Leopold scopes. I am 75 years old and have been hunting and shooting along time. I was raised on a cattle ranch in Colorado and have hunted and shot there, as well as Wy., Fl., Az., and here in Oregon.
I have had a few rifles over the years, but now only have 6 with scopes on them. They are all Leopold. I guess I am brand loyal. 😁
Not as experienced as most here, but I have never had a problem with a Leupold scope. Granted I am not a turret twister and just set the scope where it needed to be and went hunting. Next year would check zero’s and maybe move it a little and be ok.
The only scope that had to have it’s elevation turret moved a lot was 3x9 rimfire scope on my hunter class silhouette rifle. Scope didn’t come with turrets, so I put a Stony Creek knob ( remember them? ) on it. Worked fine, not one problem. In this game you move your turret often and it has to be repeatable. Shot that game for about 10years then took it off and now it’s just my small game rifle. Never a problem.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Maybe I’m just lucky, or maybe like all mechanical things sometimes they break. Just not as often as the internet says they do. 😎