Interesting thread in a way, It makes you think back to your own experiences. I still have and use the same Vari X lll 2.5 x 8 I bought new in 1978 with never any problems with it either. Never had any problems with the M8's I have nor with the Vari X ll's or llc models. Most were bought 2nd hand (used) which saved me a lot of money on purchase price. I have and use many other brands of scopes as well , most bought used. I never worried about buying a used Leupold because if it was screwed up I knew they would fix it. One of my favorites is the M8 6x but most who have them like them also and never sell them. I've found the best subsitute for an M8 6x is a Vari X llc 3 x 9 yeah you turn it to 6x and leave it there. Which brings me to a point, I' m a set and forget type user for the most part but I have been learning the turret models use. The thing is none of my Leupolds are the newer models which people have problems with I couldn't afford them new so I was allways buying used older ones relying on Leupolds warranty to sort out problems that never materialized. The older ones are going up in price like everything else these days. Maybe I should quit buying guns to save money on scopes. Gotta find a scope for my 6mm Creedmoor RAP first though....mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 12/09/21.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "