My OP post sure sparked more replies than I ever imagined! It was even mentioned that it was troll post. Looking back it does look troll like, but, that is not what I intended. I should have known that this would be an inflammatory subject. Glad I didn’t mention anything about the 6.5 Creedmoor in addition to my scope question.

However only a few posts answered my original question. Burris seems to be the most mentioned alternative. Is there any thing else that is a good scope for less than 600 bucks? I have a couple of Burris scopes. One had been on a rifle for years and when I changed loads the elevation knob wouldn’t turn. When I sent it in they returned it saying that the magnification adjustment issue had been corrected. Sent it in again and they returned it saying that it wouldn’t turn as it was at the end of its adjustment and that I needed to check my rings and bases so that I wouldn’t run out of adjustment. Still would not turn. Talked to a very nice lady who had me send it to her attention. She made sure the issue was resolved. Didn’t really sour me on the brand itself, but, sure don’t have a lot of faith in their service department.