John, thanks for the info re: the current Burris stuff.

I'm truly snakebit when it comes to Burris stuff. With the exception of a Signature 8-32 that I used for spot and stalk fox and coyote hunting, everything 'B' has been a tangled up hot mess. The latest debacle is a 4-12 Compact that was NIB that I purchased in the '90's and USPS destroyed recently in shipping. USPS won't cover my insurance claim since I don't have the original invoice and Burris can't supply a price since it's discontinued. The final kick in the head is that Burris can't repair it as they have no parts. But they will replace it with a current model of some type.

Of course, none of this is Burris' fault but it just shows how me and Big B seemingly are not meant to be. crazy I'm actually hoping to try a replacement for the damaged 4-12 Compact.

The only Leupold that's died on me was a 6X42 A.O. after over 4,000 rounds on my .30 cal, 10lb. Hunter Benchrest gun. It didn't really 'die'...the parallax just got increasingly fussy to correct. The repair sheet from Leupold showed that the lenses had been reset.

I used to wonder why Burris had the turrets so far forward on their early scopes until I saw a cutaway showing the brass erector tube. Leverage is a wonderful thing! wink

Good shootin'. -Al

Forbidden Zoner