Originally Posted by bobinpa
Originally Posted by stringnut
The current consensus is that Leupold is not what they used to be and haven’t been for several years. So my question is what is a good alternative? I am not a long ranges knob twister in any way . All I need is good optics, reliability, decent adjustments without breaking the bank. 2-7, or 3-9, do anything I want. Will spend 500 to 600 bucks for a scope. Not going to put out thousands of dollars for something I don’t need. The wife is really screwed as she was a Nikon freak. One of her old scopes needed repair and she got a voucher toward binoculars. Harder than hell to mount and impossible to sight in.

It seems like you like Leupolds, so if you are unsure about the new ones, just buy a used one. Get yourself an older 3.5-10 for $300.00 - $400.00 and forget about all the bashing and BS in this thread. The warranty on the older scopes is still lifetime.... I've got a TON of Leupolds. Bought my first one in approx 1991. Over the years I've used Leupolds almost exclusively and I'm still waiting on a failure. Some I set and forget. Some I dial up, down, left and right. I've checked them for accuracy in adjustments and I've done box tests with them. I haven't been disappointed yet. Don't stress yourself out over it, just buy a clean used scope and carry on.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

The proverbial golden nugget found after sifting thru the sand.