Originally Posted by stringnut
The current consensus is that Leupold is not what they used to be and haven’t been for several years. So my question is what is a good alternative? I am not a long ranges knob twister in any way . All I need is good optics, reliability, decent adjustments without breaking the bank. 2-7, or 3-9, do anything I want. Will spend 500 to 600 bucks for a scope. Not going to put out thousands of dollars for something I don’t need. The wife is really screwed as she was a Nikon freak. One of her old scopes needed repair and she got a voucher toward binoculars. Harder than hell to mount and impossible to sight in.

Don't believe all that you hear. "L" makes excellent scopes but like any manufacturer, they can let a bad one slip through. Personally, my experience with them has been very good. Bought my first two in 1976 and they are still on the same rifles. Have bought about 6 others since then and none have had issues. But, I need to state that I was raised and trained that you need to take care of the Arm that will take care of you. I am an FFL now and see the two year old quality guns that folks want to trade in and they absolutely trashed....like rolling around in the bottom of a duck boat trashed. It makes my skin crawl when I see this and I consider it a total lack of respect. These people will have issues with whatever gun or scope that they own. Just my .02 from an old jaded Norwegian in Northern Minnesota.

RAVENS & WOLVES