John, THANK YOU for what is arguably the best post EVER on scopes and their virtues and maladies. I really enjoyed it. I will have to look into Burris' now smile. As two failures, my biggest disappointment was a "real" and expensive Zeis on a Model 70 300 H&H which is not a particularly punishing caliber. On Leupolds, I've had one fail completely, but my biggest issue with them over the last few years was adjustment. They simply didn't work as advertised. Once zero was set they seem to hold, even on medium to heavy recoiling rifles, thankfully, I'm not a "knob turner."

Lastly, and to the newer members of the Forum, NEVER, EVER trust ANYTHING JeffO (more commonly know as JeffObama, Gunttruck50) says. He is a prevaricating, dope smoking, democrat ball washer and those are some of his better attributes, but more to the point, his bullshitting about his hunting, ballistics, etc., are legendary in their excremental component.

Cheers,

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”