Originally Posted by stringnut
The current consensus is that Leupold is not what they used to be and haven’t been for several years. So my question is what is a good alternative? I am not a long ranges knob twister in any way . All I need is good optics, reliability, decent adjustments without breaking the bank. 2-7, or 3-9, do anything I want. Will spend 500 to 600 bucks for a scope. Not going to put out thousands of dollars for something I don’t need. The wife is really screwed as she was a Nikon freak. One of her old scopes needed repair and she got a voucher toward binoculars. Harder than hell to mount and impossible to sight in.

It seems like you like Leupolds, so if you are unsure about the new ones, just buy a used one. Get yourself an older 3.5-10 for $300.00 - $400.00 and forget about all the bashing and BS in this thread. The warranty on the older scopes is still lifetime.... I've got a TON of Leupolds. Bought my first one in approx 1991. Over the years I've used Leupolds almost exclusively and I'm still waiting on a failure. Some I set and forget. Some I dial up, down, left and right. I've checked them for accuracy in adjustments and I've done box tests with them. I haven't been disappointed yet. Don't stress yourself out over it, just buy a clean used scope and carry on.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020