All the discussion on long range shooting raises questions about ethics on both sides. No this is not intended to be an attack on the long range shooters so don't get your knickers in a twist as the brits say. This is simply a discussion. Everyone has ethics some good some bad. Are mine better than yours or yours better than mine. Who knows. My ethics require I go for a clean one shot kill. I pass up shots where I do not think I can get the clean kill. If that means going home with an unfilled tag so be it. I teach hunter education here in Colorado and part of the course is hunter ethics and respondabilty. No you can not teach someone ethics, but maybe we can put them on the path anyway. My biggest concern is lost game. every elk or deer that is wounded and lost to die and that is found later by a non-hunter is a strike against in the war being waged by the anti's to end hunting forever. The reason I am opposed to the general discussion of long range shooting is that not everyone can do it. You guys spend a lot of time and money to pursue your shooting and I admire someone that can shoot at those ranges. The other tread was starting to fall into name calling so I just wanted to state my postion on this without any attacking. I think this is the postion that the others that have objected would take as well. tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."