Tom, did you ever catch George Carlin on driving? "Anyone driving slower than you is a freaking moron, and anyone driving faster than you is a freaking maniac!" I think that pretty much applies to ethics. What you do without a thought may cause someone else alot of grief. Probably better to let that can of worms un-opened.[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>We were all brought up differently, so we all have different ideas of what is right and what is wrong. I'm like you in that I limit my shots to what I'm sure of. I'm pretty picky of my shots because, as I've said, it bothers me very badly to lose one that's been hit. Someone who violates state game laws bothers me much less than someone who won't make the effort to recover a wounded deer.
<br>
<br>As for the long range stuff, well if these guys want to spend the money for gear, and the time to become good at it, that's up to them. They say that they never loose one, and while I generaly stay away from constant statements, who am I to argue? I can't prove they did any more than they can prove they didn't.
<br>
<br>The only thing bothering me is some inexperienced person reading these stories, and thinking he can do it too. The guys who know enough to limit their shots, generaly know they don't need a super-dooper magnum to kill deer. But those super-dooper magnums sell more and more every year. Do you think everybody buying one of them is bothering to practice like these guys? Me neither.[Linked Image]
<br>7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden