If it flies
<br>
<br>Thank you for your very nice explanation of your feelings. I respect them very much.
<br>
<br>As per the 500 Yard shot on the large buck, I would not have teken it either (please don't think I am being a smart A__ here) That shot would have been too "close" for my hunting group. We would NOT have taken it, honestly.
<br>
<br>We dont even shoot at Ground hogs till they are at least 600 yards away. It's a waste of our barrel steel. An automatic kill, thats not much of a challenge for us.
<br>
<br>The game commissions know of our hunting technique and think that we are the safest hunters afield. This is especially true in Pennsylvania (we have Wardens hunt with us) and also in Colorado. With our safety record I don't forsee a problem as long as we can explain and help the newbie on how to do it correctly before an accident happens..
<br>
<br>Have a good one
<br>Darryl
<br>
<br>As an add on here---I really don't see a difference of a Bow hunter or gun hunter sitting in his tree stand with scent on to mask his human scent and waiting to "ambush" his quarry at REAL close range or 100 yards away. We as LR hunters are just further away and ambushing the same way. It's the elemint of surprise regardless of what range you shoot. Even the person sneaking up closer to an animal is doing it with ambush and surprise in mind. If the animal didn't know you were there, it is an ambush rergardless of the range.
<br>
<br>As I stated, we don't need the spotter or partner if we are only killing out to 1000 yards.
<br>The main desire in All hunting, regardless of the style, is to try to ambush the animal at any range we feel comfortable with killing it at.
<br>
<br>You and i both know that, you don't want an animal to know your anywhere around until after you pull the trigger and he is on the ground dead.
<br>Don't you agree to that?
<br>
<br>I also passed up 3 bucks this past season that my wife or I could have killed.
<br>I too want to be more selective.
<br>
<br>