I'm in Oreegun also and while I hope we're never required to wear the "pumpkin suits", I won't wear camo either. With some of the "hunters" I see here (east side of the coast range) I'd rather be seen and not carried out. The day after a few of us were discussing it last season,I was sitting on a stump glassing , and what do I see across the canyon but a "hunter " glassing with his riflescope,and guess who was in the crosshairs?!! It being after a few cups of coffee and feeling a little twitchy I dropped behind the stump and commenced shouting a few choice phrases(such as a likely but physically impossible place to deposit said rifle and scope). Caught up with him and explained that he may want to purchase a set of binoc.s and that my first impulse when seeing a firearm pointed at me is to point back and REALLY hope I don't hear a shot in the near vicinity. As for long range hunting, my brother in law and I hunt moderate range (out to 525 yds or so,we're always within a couple miles of each other,when we spot one just call the other to watch the animal while we shoot. Unless spooked they won't move much in the meantime and always drop like a rock. As stated before, you have to know when to hold em and when to fold em , and I'v passed on more than a few that just didn't feel right. On the other hand thers a lot of guys that shoot quite successfully at moving deer,I would'nt feel comfortable doing that at 10-20 yds. Well the 24hourcampfight (shooters) is getting totally out of hand, guess I'll hang with you guys for awhile. Jeff

Jeff

I'm NOT the JScottRupp of Wolfe Publishing.