First, I agree with you that this mule has almost been whipped to death. You may be growning in numbers but I hope you will agree that you (not personal here meaning ultra long range shooters) are and always will be a miniscule part of the scene as compared to the total numbers of big game hunters. It isn't the "granola eating tree huggers" that should concern you. We all know their agenda. We also know that the mass media portray all hunters as either Elmer Fudd or beer swilling, pot bellied rednecks. I contend that the general population is what will do you in. Just as the few that were leg hold trappers have almost been done in by the general population passing laws against something they did not understand but abhorred on an emotional level. I believe that they will, on that emotional level, object to your using "The Noble Red Deer" as a target for super long range shooting. Indeed, were I you, I would fear excess publicity more than anything.
<br>I have noted the statment made more than once; we have never lost a deer. Who is we? Just you and your group or all long range shooters. I am sure that you abhor the lead slinger that takes hail Mary shots at game animals as much as any one. How will you separate your self in the public eye? You don't have to explain it to or convince anyone on this board of the skill and dedication your mode of shooting takes. You have to convince the soccer moms. Good luck.
<br>You made a true statment saying that it is neither of our business' how the other hunts. However a few stories of some group, not yours of a certainty and I mean that sincerely, whanging away at elk on the opposite mountain side and leaving several wounded, circulated and before long all are lumped together as slob hunters and outlawed thus decreasing all hunting. You nor I have the right to persue game, the game is owned by the several states and unless it is a game farm the states grant the privelege of hunting under their rules. Rules that are made not just to satisfy hunters but the entire population of the state.
<br>I don't care for bow hunting though I have done it. I hunted with a flint lock muzzle loader for twelve years and took my share of deer. I don't any more not because they are too hard to use but because I got mortal tired of cleaning the durn thing.
<br>The question remains; just because a thing can be done should it be done.
<br>I bear you no ill will I just do not care for the methods you use to take game animals.
<br>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati