If It Flies
<br>
<br>You say no spotters or computers?
<br>
<br>What if a friend of yours showed up to hunt (on your property) with a long barreled rifle, a LR scope, and a bi-pod and had been with Butch, Boyd, Sealsniper or myself for about a month and shooting everyday for that length of time, to learn how to LR hunt?
<br>
<br>We could teach him that you don't really need a spotter or the computer (in hand) to make long KILLS inside of 1000 yards. The drop chart needed would be taped on the side of his stock, he would have a laser rangefinder to know Exactly how far the animal is, and the muzzel brake would tame the recoil to where he could see every shot go into the animal. Would that be OK then, since you mentioned a spotter and computers not being allowed on your property?
<br>
<br>1000 yards to us, is like 100 yards to most people that don't know anything about longrange hunting. As a matter of fact, I would say the average LR hunter would do better at 1000 yards then the 3 day or 1 week a year short range hunter does at 100 yards.
<br>
<br>The reason most of us use a spotter is because, we want to reach out much further then 1000 yards for a trophy.
<br>Inside of 1000 yards is not that hard for the experianced Long range hunter.
<br>
<br>I know your post was your own opinion and I respect that very much but, this post is my opinion also which I am entitled to since it is on the "Longrange Hunting" forum at this site. I believe it was set up (two or three)days ago for LR Hunters and those who want to know and learn about it?
<br>
<br>Darryl Cassel