Darryl:
<br>
<br>On a slightly different base we are replaying the original objections raised to sniping as a legitimate wartime activity. It was accepted as a useful tool of wartime because if has become the general view that, with the exception of the Geneva Convention, there are no "rules" of war. I just feel that game animals are not a legitimate target for assassination, as some poster put it. Yeah, it is a gray area and I am not sure where the line should be drawn, but my conscience says that it is long before a 1000 yards. BTW, I didn't get into this but in a no wind situation from a bench(I don't use bipods so can't comment on them) I agree that hitting a deer size targets kill zone at 1000 yards is quite easy with the proper set up. I dunno about past that, have never shot that far. But that is not my point.
<br>
<br>I appreciate the courtesy you have maintained in your replies and, while we have very different views about what constitutes fair chase I wish you the best of luck with your shooting.
<br>
<br>Unless I receive some more pertinent information about some of the topics we have touched on, I have explained my position as well as I am capable of so there is no gain for either of us in continuing this discussion. Best wishes CAT

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq