NuAG. You know you are entirely right. Gene put me in my place when he said we are taking our selves to seriously. I genuinely admire people that can shoot long distance for the dedication and concentration it takes. I just disagree with the taking of game that way. I was raised in the very country that those folks are in. I disagreed with it then when I was 18 and I still do 40 years later
<br>
<br>Someone once said that ethics is what you do when there is no one watching you.
<br>
<br>Even in the baiting issue, you can sure get into heated discusions with the feds over shooting waterfowl. This is as to what is baited and what is normal agricultural purposes. In differnt parts of the country what is ethical in one place is deemed not in another. Re lion hunting in CA, Buckshot for deer in the south, running deer with dogs in the south, so on and so on.
<br>
<br>However, we need to police ourselves to the non hunting puplic such that the we do not portray our selves as just blood thirst killers. In the end, it is those people that will decide if our hunting traditional survives in the future. This was brought home very thorougly here in Colorado, when all the non hunters mounted a campaign as to how cruel it was to hunt bear in the spring as all the hunters were suppose to be orphaning cubs. By initiative, they brought the question to a vote before the general public and convinced the voters to ban spring bear hunting, baiting and hunting with dogs. This can occur in every state in the union. To boot, the effort was bankrolled by out of staters.
<br>
<br>Your grandfathers statement is very true, but in todays society, we must also worry about those other peple that do not hunt.
<br>
<br>

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles