Darryl:
<br>
<br>Simple, if he was a friend, I would expect him to know my preferences, and second, if he showed up expecting to use his new found ability I would put him in one of the numerous spots that I have where a maximum shot was about 75 yards and he could either get the message or leave. Friends shouldn't step on friends feelings or opinions for the fun of it, particularly when they are hunting on my place..
<br>
<br>No question that you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine, however, let me remind you that the Long Range Forum was set up and the "Long Range" thread and "Hunter's Ethics" thread were moved to this location at the same time, and that I am not posting in the "Long Range" thread. Wonder if there could be some connection or do you think that happened by pure chance? I suggest that if you don't like criticism or someone questioning the hunting ethics of your activities then you are not going to like the 24hr Campfire since most of us are serious hunters and are not reticent about expressing our opinion. As far as fair chase and LR killing is concerned, I analogize it to a skunk, I don't have to know everything about a skunk, its habits, life styles, preferences, etc to know that one stinks. That said, if you think it is fair chase, and you want to do it, more power to you, just not on my place. And, I freely acknowledge the skills involved. However, there is a bigger issue and that is the public perception of LR hunting could and, if it became widely practiced, I believe would impact on all hunter's rights to hunt. Then your choices do become my concern. Simple solution that game departments could come up with, however unlikely it may seem, no scopes. More likely, they would ban hunting in the areas where LR was practicable or restrict it to shotguns only or several other possibilities come to mind. I'm not for any of those, but you are inviting exactly that result if you continue to evangelize how wonderful LR killing is.
<br>
<br>I don't know how to sum this up, I am not opposed to your activities, I just don't agree with them based on my ethics. It is a free country and, to this point, what you do is legal, so have at it, just don't try to tell me that a skunk smells like perfume.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq