Darryl:
<br>
<br>If you call this meeting, we will continue to meet. I'm not chasing you around, you are responding to a post I made with another man's viewpoint which reflects mine. Why don't you post some published views that support your activities if you don't like my choices?
<br>
<br>I don't know Mr. Petzal's, the executive editior of Field and Stream, history vis a vis rifle shooting but if you READ what he wrote instead of react it is immaterial how well you can kill an animal at extreme ranges. He says that it is not hunting and I agree, it is shooting at live targets to see if you can do it. He may not know how well you can do it, but read it again and see if you believe it would change his opinion or write and ask him if he would publish an article on your activities endorsing them. He might for the interest it would generate. IMO you had better hope he does not. Since he is the executive editor of one of the widest circulating outdoor magazines, somehow I think his opinion might carry more weight than yours. Did you ever wonder why Idaho restricted rifle weights? Maybe if Idaho and other states understand what you are doing, they will restrict the wt to 10 lbs or the caliber or both. Just as some states are now banning the use of in-lines in muzzleloading season.. It will happen if your "sport" becomes widespread. I cannot understand how from a hunting POV that you can be proud of what you do and firmly believe that if the knowledge of your style of "sport" becomes widely circulated then restrictions will soon follow. And, I can honestly say this, without it reflecting just my opinion, that if you can't convince even most of the hunters that what you do is fair chase, and I don't believe that you can, then if the public at large gets hold of it, it will without question, result in further restricitions on all hunter's priviledges.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq