Originally Posted by colorado bob
Dan----What are the roads like at the ranch? Will a car make it to the blinds or should I bring the 4x4 pickup?

Bob, last year I rented an SUV thing, but didn't realize it was only 2 wheel drive. It must be a Texas thing. Who's ever heard of an SUV with 2 wheel drive.

The roads are like a sandy dirt when they're dry. Friday night of the hunt we had and unusual thing happen and we took about 2" of rain. I found out what a TX flood was like. The water doesn't soak in and the sandy dirt turns to the slickest, nastiest, sloppiest schit you've ever seen. The outfitter only had 2 or 3 trucks with 4 wheel drive and got 2 of them stuck out there.

The standing water was there until we left. It was like a mud bog coming out of there to get to a paved road, about 4 or 5 miles. We had to catch a flight and didn't want to get hung up. Luckily we had Gunner behind us in his pick up but we didn't get stuck.

This year I'm gonna make sure that Mofo's got 4 wheel drive. If I were you, I'd bring it. Even if we got 1/2" of rain, might make it challenging.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 01/20/16.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan