I passed a couple of decent sized pigs Thursday morning. That was a mistake, because they weren't so easy to come by, thereafter. Thursday evening the feeder was covered up in deer - some Texas whitetails(who still had their antlers) and Sitka deer. A group of nice eating size pigs trotted out. That ended quickly when an 8pt whitetail put his head down, and bluff charged the pigs, who spun 180's and ran like hell. I said, "thanks Deer" smirk

Saw a massive Red Stag come out. He was twice as tall as the whitetails, and probably 5-6x as heavy. I'd love to see him in 5-6 months smile

I probably saw 40-50 turkeys all told. The males were gobbling and strutting - and the season is a week away, darn it.

Friday night I lined up on a small pig, but it took off right as I fired and he was wounded. I tracked him a while, tried another shot, but hit a tree as I tried to get him in the brush. That left me pretty disappointed, also wondering if the 155 Scenars were too tough for small pigs.

Sat night it was sunny and warm. Lots of birds out, including the green jay I posted earlier, and a bazillion bright red Cardinals. I had what sounded like 30 songdogs singing within a 1/4 mile of me; wish I'd carried a predator call.

I finally saw a large group of pigs cross the road about 400 yards away, heading in my general direction. The birds at the feeder started getting nervous about 10-15 minutes later, so I got the AR10 (now loaded with 150gr Accubonds) ready. The large group trotted out, got almost to the feeder, and a couple birds spooked, which caused the whole group to spin a 180 and start running back toward the brush. By then I was on a decent sow, held low on the running pig's throat, and hit her square in the heart. I found a good blood trail right away, and found her 40 yards away. That was one of the better fast shot's I've ever made, and it felt good after the previous day's failure.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."