Shout out to Lawson aka Junior. The Marine Corp will soon be getting a fine young man.

Indeed, and we would all be proud to have such a son cool

Since the place was only about 90 minutes away from me I headed out there after work Friday to stop in and say hello, intending to return that same night. Needless to say I ended up staying all day Saturday too, returning after the great dinner Saturday night.

After everyone left for the blinds about 5:30am Saturday morning I waited outside in back of the range to listen to the sounds of the brush country and to watch the sun rise about an hour later; an absolutely beautiful dawn, one of the best I can recall.

At these Campfire gatherings I am always surprised to find how well you can get along with someone you have talked to for years yet never met in person.

The other thing is, I am humbled to be able to call such an exceptional group of people my friends.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744