Campfire members:
As an ex-Saskatchewanian, I thank Mr. Klikitarik for the vote of confidence that we are human, (smiling here!) I can speak to a couple points with personal experience. While the wolf issue tends to bring out a lot of emotional debate, I believe we can look at the facts fairly objectively in this case.

It would be extremely unusual for a bear to be out in the snow that late in the year in northern Saskatchewan. Try to book a bear hunt there for mid November. I have never seen bear tracks in the snow in Saskatchewan, and never spoke with anyone who did. In most years, it is generally very cold up there by the first week of November.

The coroner�s inquest confirmed the bear hibernation issue. We can only speculate as to why Mr. Paul Paquet would entertain the theory that a bear would be up in the snow, a full month later than normal.

We had another wolf attack this August on the BC coast, north of Bella Bella. In that incident a kayaker fended off a wolf attack with a 4� blade knife. He disabled the wolf and stopped the attack, but was seriously injured himself in the ensuing melee. That was, if I am not wrong, the 2nd attack by a wolf here in BC in the past 7 years.

I must conclude from the evidence that some wolves do in fact attack humans in a predatory fashion, just as some cougars and bears do. That said I do not believe that it is an epidemic. While I understand that the odds of my being involved in a predatory attack are lower than for example getting into a traffic accident, to deny that the possibility exists, is in my view illogical.

All the best on the Thanksgiving weekend to you all!

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"