Originally Posted by ranger1
My apologies, I responded to the tone of DPole's post in kind and in the process insulted you. Certainly weren't my intention...

I just got a short fuse sometimes, thanks. My apologies out to all for further muddying a cool wolf thread. My post above about wolves "absolutely not" being capible of harming humans was in fun as I find it to be a rediculous statement.

I'll try to make up for it with a bit o show & tell (personal exp wiff da woofs)

Originally Posted by DPole
-snip-
Dave,
Send me a PM as to where that display is. I'm pretty sure I could get it corrected. smile

That would be very cool, I saw it years ago on that north shore drive stretch & it still bothers me today. I figure there isn't much harm in telling people things like "generally speaking, the wolves will avoid humans but be advised, they are wild animals & very capable killers." or something to that effect, but "absolutely not."??? what kind of answer is that? It's like Disney wrote that Q&A or something.

I don't think it was gooseberry falls but someplace close, I guess I was thinking it was on the west side of the highway rather than the east... I think i could drive right to it but I can't remember exactly what stop it was, cross river area? heck i dunno.

now, to try & help get the wuff emotions good or bad back on the tracks, I'll throw some gas on the "hater" side of the fence.

personally I just become easily irritated with the level of protection & the dreamy super fantastic & mystical immage that the wuff cuddlers spew forth. I find it irresponsible, misleading. running too far off in the hater direction is probably a bad thing too, (but that's still the side of the fence i want to be on). I prefer reality, what ever that may be. facts.

anyways, here's a couple of pictures of my lucky pooch from ... last year I think? timbers had been eating a lot of farm dogs in my area, cleaning up on pets, gus my black lab lucked out, must have pursued the famous "chase me I'm a wolf" invite out of the yard & experienced the "ok, that's far enough, now I'm gonna eat you." thing. The only thing I can think of is maybe young gus was either amazingly quick & slippery to get away or maybe they were still too close to the yardlight & the wolf was a bit distracted & uncomfortable in excercising his goals.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Something clever here.