Let's see. I think it makes 4 dogs so far. 2 from 1 family several weeks ago, 1 on Turkey day on CHSR & 1 just last night. Interestingly, my wife works with the lady whose dog was taken on Thanksgiving. Originally, her husband took a shot at one but wasn't sure if he hit it. Turns out he did get one after all. From what I understand, there were 5 in the family - 4 large ones & a smaller one. Pretty evident they're running between Badger Rd. & CHSR - Potlatch Ponds area.
I've got a sled dog that I run with my 4-wheeler & we live just off Brock. I take him down by Potlatch Ponds at the end of Peede. Even tho we have houses surrounding us, I moved both of his dog houses next to the garage facing the driveway. Am leaving the yard lights on at night and the .44 is locked & loaded next to the front door. I think those wolves may well have been driven out from the upper Chena basin so came down this way. I don't expect the state to do anything about it so if they aren't shot, trapped or perhaps harassed so much they leave, I think we'll be in for more trouble later on. They'll just multiply. Since it's a family, Ya can't expect them to take on a full grown moose. A calf? Ok. But that's about it. Once they've tasted "puppy steak" that's it. Evidently they've cut across the Potlatch Ponds area since they were on CHSR last week 'cause the latest "hit" was over on Nelson Rd., not too far from my house.
Anyway, I picked up some extra gear today & I'm heading out in the early A.M. on the 4-wheeler to take a look with the 'ol .270 Win. We've got a waning moon & it's getting colder so I dunno, think it's gonna get tougher.
So, for now, ya'll take care. Later. Bear in Fairbanks

Last edited by Bear_in_Fairbanks; 11/28/07.

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.