You guys aren't kidding about the whole "Alaska... the Last Frontier" thing, are you? :-) It'll be sixguns at the OK Corral here soon...

I think the clearest way to express THIS outsiders viewpoint on it, and I'll say up front that this is not my geographical region and not a problem I've ever personally dealt with, and those things matter, so my opinion is just that... anyway, my opinion is that I love the idea of intact, functioning ecosystems with all the pieces and parts. Alaska has some of the few remaining ones of those in America if I understand things right. As such, I think the needs of the wolf should trump the needs of recreational hunters, within reason (therin lies the rub!).

Again, that's just my casual opinion. I sure do know that things are waaay different when you are there, "on the ground", than they oftentimes look from the outside looking in. The flipside of that is that oftentimes those "on the ground" lack big-picture perspective. It's at least something to consider.

This is an interesting thread and I hope you guys can manage to keep it civil and shedding light, not heat, because it's obvious there's some very smart people tossing ideas around!

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!