BrentD:
�Golden Retrievers kill people, so do black bears and mountain lions and no one out west thinks that is sufficient reason to �exterminate� them.

�I don't really care if the wolves eat one person every century or one every month. Lots of things out there are have are dangerous and I don't recommend their �extinction� either (rattlesnakes, mountain lions, bears of all types, raccoons and everything else that could have rabies etc.).�

You like to use words like �extermination� and �extinction� but I haven�t noticed anyone advocating that.

So, you�re a �Science Guy�, WOW, I guess that means you know more than most of us who have to deal with wolves.

You musta skipped English though.
Exterminate------ To destroy completely. v.annihilate, abolish, blot out, eradicate, exterminate, extinguish, extirpate, obliterate, root out, stamp out, wipe out.

Extinction-----�The act of totally destroying or wiping out : extermination, annihilation, eradication, extinction, extinguishment, extirpation, liquidation, destruction, elimination, abolishment, demolishment. �

Smitty of the North

No amount of planning will ever replace Dumb Luck.