Yeah, well said Bearhuntr!

I don't think there's very many people who want NO hunting. Even down here in Oregon my anti-hunting friends concede that if they lived somewhere like, oh, ALASKA they'd probably hunt! :-)

Well, like it or not, you guys are the last area in the US to see the types of pressures that are changing (wrecking) the mainland west. It's coming your way and you aren't gonna like it. I grew up in NM and it was really depressing... same here in Oregon. I won't cast it in liberal/conservative terms myself, because it's much more nuanced than that. The real root of the problem is usually too damn many people! Hearing the justifications people make for just about anything, once they move into an area, is nauseating to us all. I'm sure you know exactly what I mean.

If global warming does actually happen, hang onto your hats up there because you will be under a microscope like you can't believe. Lots of critters up there that are very marginalized into corners in terms of the habitat they need, the habits they have, etc. The tundra starts melting, ice starts melting, holy crap there will be threatened and endangered species under every rock... if ya'll even HAVE rocks up there!

Anyway, you guys know way more than I ever will about this. It's interesting to read what you are typing. Thanks.

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!