I know there are as many opinions on wolves and other things as there are people. I neither hate, fear, nor dislike them. That said, don't think they are any more worthy of worship or political abuse than any other creatures are. I do think wolves ((and some other predators) and the legends and lore have been dismissed by today's "experts" to the point that new "fact" has been invented. I do think that the incident originally posted is eveidence that the contemporary "facts" as we know them are not necessarily so. I don't think Red Riding Hood and other stories are all contrived legends of fear. There are nearly always grains of truth in these things. I think that is supported to some degree by such a modern-day incident.\

I would hate to see the complete loss of wolves and other things from wild places. I don't, however, think we can create wild places from settled, farming, developed simply by re-introducing wolves or other creature to them. I think, largely because of politics, that wolves are abusively protected in some places (like Minnesota, Idaho, etc.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.