Originally Posted by northwestalaska
I think that killing anything from the air is a bad idea! I don't have an issue with hunting and trapping wolves but there is no Fair Chase in a super cub with a gunner on board. Poor idea period!

Cheechako,

THAT has been illegal for years! There is no law that allows for hunting from an airplane. Fair chase doesn't even come into play. It's simply men hired by the state to perform predator control that would cost the state huge sums of money in manpower and resources otherwise. The biology IS THERE. It's somewhat working. Who brainwashed you into believing that this was hunting? I wouldn't have taken you for being so simple...

If we are choosing the most productive way to kill wolves we would just poison them the way that we did 50 years ago and the by catch would include lots of other things like foxes, eagles and anything else that was with in the drop zone.

Aerial predator control IS the most acceptable, productive measure in reducing wolf numbers. That's why it was chosen. By the way Cheechako...no one was poisioning wolves with the government's blessing 50 years ago. Get your facts straight.As to your attempt at humor, I think your tongue has froze to the inside of your cheek. Much like the youngster that, when faced with a dare, sticks his on a pipe in the winter in Northway... the only sound that comes out is garbled...

It is not about Killing.

It most certainly is. Aerial predator control is about killing. It's not about dating or ordering take out!

I know that there must be what 50-60 wolf attacks in down town Palmer and Wasilla every year right? There are so few wolf-man encounters each year that we can�t justify any form of control based upon that. Hell there are far more bear problems down on the Russian River each summer that total wolf sightings, do we start killing bears next. Let�s not stop there because once I read about a man eating Snow Shoe Hare that was terrorizing all of South Anchorage, Kill them too1
We are now entering the silly� no the stupid side of this debate!

Cheechako, take the "WE are" out of the last sentence of this quote and replace it with the words: "I am"...it will read more truthfully. And do another favor for all of us please Cheechako? Refrain from using the word "WE" and replace with "I" or "you" as I doubt seriously any other here will accept your speaking for them. Thanks.

bhtr

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters