Ok.. So there was a fatal wolf attack in a remote section of North America. What is all of the fuss about? For those of you who live in Metro ____ this sounds scary and you feel like we should round up the bad guys (wolves) but for those of us who live in the hinter lands seeing wolves, bears and all of natures furry beast is all part of the package. Any time man ventures into the wilds we should expect to run into the animals that live here. When I fly down to Anchorage or LA I expect to see some of the local animals who call that city home and I also know that there are some places that are a little more dangerous than others. So should we shoot all of the wild animals (people) who live in these places because a tourist was found dead outside of a 7-11 just after midnight?? Comes with the territory don�t you think?

Any time I jump onto my Sno-go and head out into the Brooks Range there is a good chance that I may run into something that would like to harm me, that�s ok because the chances are good that I am looking to harm something myself. Loosen up guys! It�s called nature and I love to see her in all of her grandeur! The chances are much higher that you will get your ass kicked by a cow moose than a wolf! Last spring I surprised a cow and new calf walking my property out near Wrangle St. Ellis National Park in eastern Alaska. Damn near crapped my self and about got my block kicked in. Kind of cool after I had a few hours to calm down! Life if always a danger and that is why we live up here! Never a dull moment!

So you guys in downtown _____ calm down and head back to the mall and be careful as the chances are much higher that you will get run over by a drunk driver that a wolf coming in and getting your tasty butt

Walt

Kotzebue, Alaska
www.northwestalaska.com