Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Come on Valley guy!

If we are choosing the most productive way to kill wolves we would just poison them the way that we did 50 years ago and the by catch would include lots of other things like foxes, eagles and anything else that was with in the drop zone. It is not about Killing. I know that there must be what 50-60 wolf attacks in down town Palmer and Wasilla every year right? There are so few wolf-man encounters each year that we can�t justify any form of control based upon that. Hell there are far more bear problems down on the Russian River each summer that total wolf sightings, do we start killing bears next. Let�s not stop there because once I read about a man eating Snow Shoe Hare that was terrorizing all of South Anchorage, Kill them too!

We are now entering the silly� no the stupid side of this debate!

Walt
Kotzebue, Alaska
www.northwestalaska.com

Mr. Northwester:
As you�ve pointed out, poison isn�t the most productive way of killing ONLY wolves.

No-one, but you, has suggested that we should reduce the wolf population solely, because of wolf attacks. It�s to increase the population of them �ungulate� critters.

As you�ve also pointed out, we could easier justify killing bears for for both reasons.

I have witnessed, a �Man eating Snow Shoe Hare� before. It isn't that uncommon. I�ve done it a time or two myself.

I�m sorry, but I agree that you have entered the �stupid side of this debate�.

And, the characterization should be �VALLEY TRASH�, but I prefer to be called a "Mountain Man".

Smitty of the North

No amount of planning will ever replace Dumb Luck.