Originally Posted by M7300SAUM
Originally Posted by model70man
This is the best post on the thread. Thanks to the OP for the heads up on Lives2Hunt. It sounds like Mr. Ellis "Lives2ScrewPeople".
Nope. Not a good post at all. There seems to be this pervasive belief that if you believe you've been financially wronged in an internet deal that a simple call to the local police or sheriff's department will put things right. That couldn't be further from the truth.

There's not some squad of detectives or tactical entry team just sitting around waiting idly for your telephone call, ready to get a "no-knock" warrant and go kick in someone's door and get your money. As stated previously, this is viewed primarily as a CIVIL matter. This Greg Ellis character can just as easily claim he never had any deal to sell anyone anything just as anyone can quite easily claim he did.

I like and respect model70man, but he's just flat wrong to suggest a call to the local sheriff's department is going to fix this. And you're wrong, too, for supporting this notion.

The only real legal recourse someone has is either through a civil judgment or via the local prosecutor's office by filing misdemeanor embezzlement charges. And you damned well better have all of your documentation if you want to be taken seriously.

The next avenue is through this person's place of employment. Did he transact any of this via his employer's computers or email accounts or telephone systems? If he did, I'd get in touch with his supervisor as well as their HR and bring them up to speed of what's been occurring on their time.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.