Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by GunGeek
For the rational free thinkers, this science was settled in the 1880's. Evangelical Christians won't accept ANYTHING anyone says on the issue in support of evolution...so what's the point of any so-called "discussion"?

Theologians (who are NOT experts on paleontology, anatomy, kinesiology, primatology, embryology, neurobiology, etc) snub anything and everything that doesn't conform to their pre-conceived ideals. These people are not interested in the truth at all. They are only interested in things that support their pre-determined ideology.

Discussing evolution with an evangelical is wasted time you will never get back!

I WAS an evangelical who spent a lot of time studying Christian Apologetics. My copies of Evidence That Demands a Verdict are autographed by Josh McDowell. And although I no longer agree with his conclusions, I still have a great deal of respect for the man himself.

I am kind of surprised at you, GG. The only thing "settled" about this science is that evolution exists. How and why it does is far from settled. In fact, it is clearly a work in progress. The evidence for that is the numerous times that what was once accepted has been disproven. That is not to say that evolution is disproven - but our understanding of how it works has been....several times.

The vast majority of posters on both sides of this thread are lagging behind recent discoveries. Most here (if not all) would benefit by spending more time reading and less time arguing. What I see here is argument from both sides that is not supported by the most up-to-date science (not that I'm on the cutting edge either), and much of it coming from ideas that have been shown to be wrong for a long time.

I don't see anything in the most current science that I am aware of that challenges my faith in God. Likewise, I don't see anything in the Bible that disallows scientific discovery and/or the study of evolution. My educated guess is that both extreme arguments are close-minded and wrong.

Your opinion does not establish facts. They're just opinion.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter