Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Ringman

You reject God's Word ...
Recognition that the Bible frequently teaches truth through metaphor isn't rejection of God's word.

Do you believe that God reached to the ground, picked up some dust in his hands, and molded it into a man?

Do you believe a man that was beaten half to death by Roman soldiers, crucified, and stabbed in the heart with a spear just to make sure.......came back from the dead after three days and walked through a wall to say hi to his friends and let them know he was okay....among other things?

Doesn't every reasonable person?

No, I believe the crucifixion and resurrection to be the greatest hoax ever perpetrated by organized government upon its constituents.

I believe there was a renegade portion of the priesthood which understood that the time of beating the congregation over the head with threats of hell was at an end. It was time to offer the carrot and put the stick away.

Not to mention that the entire philosophy of the crucifixion/resurrection makes no sense to me.

Christ is God, omniscient and eternal. Yet a man killed him?

Take a look at God's Word. It tells us He gave up His life, no one took it from Him. He maintained if you sin you deserve death. The problem is your death is not adequate to satisfy The Angry God. He gave Himself. It is beyond my understanding. That does not prevent me from accepting His substitutionary death to purchase His creation. Remember the entire creation groans like a woman in childbirth waiting for its redemption from its bondage of corruption.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter