Originally Posted by milespatton
So the few forgeries that happen now and then in science, yet are uncovered using the scientific method, pose such a problem that everything has to be rejected?....but all the contradictions between religions and within their dogma, taught unquestioningly, is just fine?

Is that it?

I don't recall mentioning religion at all. Are you scared that maybe you might be wrong and are getting defensive? miles

Scared? Not at all. I don't ignore the evidence that proves evolution. Theory relating to the means and mechanisms of evolution.

I am just comparing religion and science because, after all, the members of the opposition, theists, are arguing for religion and creationism over science.

As that is the theme, it's hardly being defensive to compare the two...one, science, being the greatest tool of discovery that we have ever had. And the other, religion, ever a source of division and conflict, believers convinced that they have the truth but unable to agree amongst themselves on the details of that so called truth.

Last edited by DBT; 07/25/19.