Originally Posted by FreeMe
Ringman - ya think it's possible that you could be more careful about how you quote me?

And If you're accusing me of being brainwashed, I find that kind of funny. The way I see it, you literalists are brainwashed, and so are the atheists.

If you so want to take Genesis literally, how about this passage?

Gen. 4:10
"But the LORD said, "What have you done? Listen! Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground!

You suppose that was audible? What exactly do you think that phrase means?

Or - how about this...

Psalm 19:1-2
"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. "

I have yet to hear a recording of "sky speech" - but atheists should pay closer attention to what the heavens have been telling us. BTW - what do you think we should do about this passage, in light of what the heavens have been teaching us about the age of the universe and its beginning?

In 1956 a couple guys received the Nobel prize for discovering the earth "groans". Let me see. Where did I read about that? O yea. It's in Romans. But to answer your foolish question..... You anthropomorphize God. You think the Creator of the universe is limited to the senses you experience?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter