Originally Posted by huntinaz
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Ringman
The teacher asked us to write about a book that changed our life; like Huckleberry Finn. I wrote about the Bible. She rejected my paper and appealed to the "separation of church and state." Neither she nor I are in congress so I figured she was too stupid to teach much and dropped the class.

My golly, I find myself agreeing with Ringman! The constitution says "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion." It means the founders didn't want to have the government REQUIRE belief in any particular religion. That's not the same as forbidding a kid to write a report on the Bible.

Aside from that, I found on another forum many years ago that it's pointless to argue with Ringman. He ignores all facts if they contradict his "Faith," Faith being defined as anything written in whatever version of the Bible he favors. No matter if Science has proven that much of Genesis is a Bronze Age fairy tale, that the Bible contradicts itself many times, and that even Genesis contains two separate creation myths that contradict each other.

You can't defeat Faith with Science or vice versa.

So argue with Ringman about what kind of scope to put on a .300 Magnum or something instead.

What does he recommend for scoping a 300 mag? That I should pray about it?

I think his latest creation is a 300 Ultra mag necked down to 6.5mm.

I don't think he's ever broken an inch with it for 3 rounds, let alone a real group.

He's also shooting some funky 109gr borerider bullet in it. crazy

But considering how there's a fair amount of science involved with shooting........this shouldn't surprise anyone......

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/21/18.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell