Pancake day. From scratch, no recipe involved.

Sourdough starter, all purpose flour, buckwheat flour, some rye flour, oat bran. Let work for an hour or so. Add some maple syrup to the batter along with a tiny bit of sugar and some milk to get the right consistency . An extra large, probably Jumbo, egg from the one hen that must have a really good time getting that one out her ass. Some oil and a pinch of baking soda. Wait for good bubbles to start forming.

Cook on cast iron of course. Worst part for me is the GD Electric stove. I'm learnin' after 3+years with it. Start it on Med/High while finishing up the batter. When the griddles start to "spit", turn down the burners to medium. Start cooking cakes. As they get going turn griddles down further to low/medium. No more setting the fire on the gas stove to what I know it should look like. mad

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

For the freezer:

Mine mine mine!

I love pancakes and had to stop myself at 4. Served with raspberry curd on two and maple syrup on the other two.

Geno

PS, sorta bummed as when I opened this thread and went back to the first page, there was a post by Field Grade. frown

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?