Originally Posted by Santiam
Marcola, just over the ridge from me is under threat tonight..Fire is very close..

Be safe Santiam... and may the Good Lord watch over you and your family and neighbors this evening...

These fires don't get me nearly as much as this senseless destruction is happen all up down I 5, all the way to the Canadian border in Washington.. and down pass Sacramento and the Bay Area in CA...

They are near neighborhoods, but then in the forest, they are burning hundreds of thousands of acres...

for those east coast friends who maybe want to put the size into prospective: 640 acres equal a square mile..
The Fire Logger mentioned north of him in Myrtle Creek, has grown to 72 thousand acres...
That one alone equals to 112.5 square miles....

We have several fires locally that are burning in the Rogue Valley here on the California state line, that amount to over 50 square miles EACH....

They are telling people to evacuate, while at the same time, here in Southern Oregon, thru roads in almost ANY direction are being closed...I 5 was closed in Central Point today from about 3:30 or so, until almost 7 PM in both directions...Vehicles were lined for miles, just to try to find a way thru... and not moving...anywhere...

and times like that really make we locals really LOVE our neighbors from the south with California license plates.... stopped traffic and they are driving down the breakdown lanes at 80 mph....hot times in the old town tonight...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez