Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Steve
Fighters stopped it next to their barn.

There is close and then there is CLOSE!

out yesterday, I saw quite a few properties where the fires had been stopped literally feet from the houses... that is what I was referring to, when I was saying I was amazed what the Firefighters have done, especially under the conditions they were dealing with.. and I am restating I am amazed so many were stopped so close to the side of these residences...

Down in Ashland I stopped by the road ( a short one) that was where a friend I use to work with lived.. I don't know if Steve is still there, but his house is just a pile of rubble, as were all the houses on the road except the second one...I gather they must have had a working sprinkler system, that kept the property all wet....

There are a lot of houses gone down that way... I got thru parts of Clackamas County, when I go up to east side of Portland where I have a facility I support up there... Its scary to think they are having the entire area evacuating... that is fairly built up compared to down here...This entire thing is ridiculous.... the entire west coast is the "perfect Storm" of forest fires... worst I've ever seen it in the times I have lived out this way.. which has been in Washington and Oregon...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez