Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Salty303
Originally Posted by Salty303
Salty,
like down here, it's probably money related too.

I will guess you're talking Crown lands? They probably have to deal with their own set of fudged up regulations, trying to please everyone and not doing a good job of pleasing anyone.

Still, everyone wants cheap building materials and loads of fish in the streams. But...........don't raise my taxes. Or the cost of a 2x4. (What the heck do you folks call them? 5cm x 12cm?)

Yes public land or Crown land as its called up here makes up 95% of BC. So in a way you'd think it would be easier to manage for fires. But like you say try to please everyone equals everyone mad. LOL

And its a 2x4 damn it! You pretty much need to know both systems up here cause the ol metric system didn't make any headway in lumber and building.

So, do you use a 623.68944 gram hammer or a 22 oz one to pound nails. grin

No fair saying you use a nail gun either.

Ok this one's easy. A number 8 screw ahead of my Milwaukee cordless grin
My 16, 18 and 22 oz hammers are pretty much wall hangers any mo

I still like nails.

And using a hand saw on occasion.

I even own and every once in a while use a brace and bit.

You are a luddite my friend. Actually I've still got grandpappy's brace its nice to auger a hole with that old thing once in a while.

Its funny how things have changed. I have a buddy who's close to 20 years younger than me. About 15 years ago he's around 30 years old, we're building or fixing something at my place he says hand me the saw. There's a 24 inch coarse cut hand saw at my feet so I hand it to him. He looks at it then looks at me then looks down at the 2 by 4 and says ah Dan... I have no clue how to use this thing. So I show him and he finishes about half the wobbly slow cut he's made throws it on the ground and says what a piece of chit where's your skill saw?