Steve,

Wasn't attempting to be contrary to your post.. rreading the Medford Pd FB page, there are also a lot of people posting below it, that don't really believe it, from what they have seen and what they have heard... I'm just one of them..

Mr Heister brings up a lot of good points to point to power lines...a lot of Oregon is dealing with these fires and it might be the real rreason.. It probably applies to the Happy Camp's fire, and that is taking a path that has been taken before north bound over the mountains into Oregon more than once since I've lived here...

Medford, I don't think so, common ground to a lot of these fires in the Rogue Valley have been started along the Greenway..
The one that blew up yesterday down near Costco at 3 in the afternoon had witneses, and the wind had actually died down, and there was no ignition source.. I had just got gas about 200 yds from where it started 15 minutes before hand....

The fires on the Greenway, if you see the aftermath, and the areas that burned, Minus Phoenix and Talent, one can see the Rogue Valley Fire Assets did an unbelievable job, of putting out the fires as they tried to spread...bunch of orchards and hemp grows along the Greenway, that escaped being burned.. I wonder if they just fired up their irrigation equipment and wet it down enough to prevent the orchards taking fire on....

Resources right in Phoenix and Talent, they didn't have assets to fight something like this...and back up was too busy elsewhere.. its just hard not to feel real anger, when you see people's homes and businesses destroyed.. especially when its an entire trailer park, or pretty much every house on the block, for blocks and blocks..... I'm not aware of any power lines running thru the areas destroyed around the Greenway

Arson, whether Firebug or political /Antifa BLM is still part of this all down here in the Rogue Valley, heavy Trump country...

Multiple rreasons for all of this going on, conditions are ripe.. no one denies that.. emotions are high..time will tell over the Arson part.. supposedly hearing multiple sources that the Feds are down here doing investigations already...

but explanations of Power lines and their weak points from Mr Heister.. one has to wonder, with this potential, why has not politicians who seem to regulated the smallest details of our every day lives, how have rural power lines escaped their scrutiny?
you'd think being on top of that type of stuff, and making companies maintain that stuff would be a no brainer... unless people were getting paid off by Pacific Power and whatever runs the Grid up via Potlandia and northern Oregon...

$100 dollars worth of road flares from Bi Mart in the trunk of some arsonists vehicle, driving up and down I 5, they could burn down half of the I 5 corridor with little effort...and the way they have been sitting Portland on fire nightly for 3 months or more..
along with their claims to branch out... and actually seeing them first hand, in the major smaller towns around the state... its not hard to believe there rhetoric.. and they don't need big numbers of folks to do it..

I'll say in the long run, we are going to find out, that there has been a lot of reasons, all varying, of why we have had to deal with these fires over the last few days, state wide...

I'm sure Kate Brown for once will actually admit that she is in over her head and is relying on others to tell her what to do...
even realize for herself, she isn't the Queen of Oregon she thought she was...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez