Thanks for this report.

I have lived or "worked" in, or at least partied everywhere listed.

Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Robb10238
I was on my way home from the state fairgrounds with some rescued farm animals when I got an alert on my phone saying that the town of Canby was just put on level 2 evacuation alert. Pack up and get ready to leave. That was just over an hour ago.

The fires that have burned over more than 900,000 acres in Oregon this week crept closer to Portland and its suburbs Thursday afternoon and early evening.

The Clackamas County communities of Molalla and Colton were under Level 3, or “Go Now,” evacuation orders. Sandy, Oregon City and Canby were at Level 2, indicating that residents should “Be Set” to evacuate and should prepare to leave at a moment’s notice. The area is affected by large wildfires burning in both Marion and Clackamas counties.

Clackamas County fire officials are anticipating extreme fire behavior that will cause the Beachie Creek and Riverside fires to merge. Firefighters were being re-positioned into safer areas so they will not be directly in the line of rapidly changing fire conditions.

Multnomah County is not under any evacuation orders. Still, Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler issued an emergency order Thursday night. That will close city parks and other outdoor properties, establish evacuation sites for people who may be displaced because of fires and give city officials more power to ask people experiencing homelessness to move if they’re in threatened areas. The emergency order runs through noon on Sept. 24.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?