Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Steve
On Monday when the wind really picked up the power sagged and you could hear arcing inside the house. Now luckily it didn't start a fire as we would have been down wind. Instead the closest fire to us was down wind 3 miles.

PGE shut down power all along the HWY 26 corridor up to the other side of Mt. Hood. They did that because of the fire danger. Why they didn't along all the passes, I don't know. They're probably second guessing it.

Hell, I knew what could happen and posted about it.

Now there might be a couple of arson fires, no doubt. But I'm gonna bet that the VAST majority of them are going to be power line caused.

We have the conditions for these type of conflagrations every 50 years or so. See the Tillamook Burn, 1910 fire, the Yellow Stone fire, etc... It ain't global warming and it ain't Antifa. Despite what DU, 4chan, or some know nothing in Kentucky might think.

https://www.khq.com/fires/officials...4a5736c-f3c5-11ea-9ec6-bbd5b11bc1ac.html

Bristoe,

you realize that fire was in an urban/suburban setting, not a wildfire as the ones Mt Boomer's folks, Santiam's friends, etc are involved in?

We all may be discussing two different things.

And, having lived out here in fire land for the majority of my life, these hot dry periods of weather bring out the firebugs in force. Antifa or not.

Even the firefighting force is not immune..............the saying is............the blacker the forest, the bigger the paycheck. More than one fire has been set by folks that get paid to fight them.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?