Originally Posted by logger
Sheister (Bob);

You are exactly right. At one time in the past we had a real problem with fires starting from trains and the rail road companies worked hard to fix that problem and we haven't had near the problems. In the last couple of years it has been power lines. Even before this event, we had around 10 fire starts from power lines this fire season. I think in the fullness of time and investigation that most of these fires will be tied back power line issues, not all, but most.

Outside of that car fire in the Ashland area, those ones along that Greenway seem VERY suspicious.

And that report today of the ones being set near Dexter Lake.

I do believe some were "opportunistic" events by folks looking to create more havoc.

But, as you stated, there are likely a bunch more going to be determined to be power line related after that wind event the other night. We had two outages down here in less than 24 hours, 3 + hours and another about 2 hours for a problem they found once daylight happened very close (4 miles) to our house.

One thing I always notice on the way over the hill, a whole lot of those homes on 66 going to Ashland, or 140 (?) going to Medford are surrounded by trees, some nearly right up to the house. I know folks like their trees, but sometimes it might be prudent to have a defensible space, ya think? I've seen it all over the West, mountains of CA, AZ, OR, WA, even SE AK. Trees right up to the dooryard. Would drive me nuts as I grew up with 300 + days of sun and I like to see it. Shade is handy, but I've got shade inside the house, don't need a tree right up to the side of the buildings.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?