Fred,

My RUM is sans brake. Its pretty much a hunting stick. Since that pic i added a 20 MOA rail and use a 6.5-20 VXIII with M1 for play. Day to day it typically runs the 2.5-10 leica for elk and bears.

As for my range it has target butts to 550 yds. My lab breeder is a close family friend and we ended up emergency fostering a gorgeous yellow lab out of Eastern WA. Owner couldnt keep him due to work schedule and the wife fell in love so we kept him. His original owner is a combat wounded scout sniper who is the current long range instructor for a high end co. out of CO. (I hate to name names but a quick google or PM would yield a lot, lol), so i have an open invite on steel to 1 mile.

I grew up hunting deer in the Blue Mtns and as such i have formed friendships with a lot of farmers on the east side where i can push to a mile.

I'm far from a LR mystro, its all fun and games for me. But for deer,elk and bears out to about 800 they better not stop and give me a shot or they will likely get a ride in my Ford.

Being about 2 hrs north of you hoof rot hasnt hit us yet. We manage a very high % of bulls each year on the wet side. Just put in last week for permits, our group put in for White River and Green River Watershed for our trophy draws. All 4 of us have 7-8 points so odds look decent to draw. If not we will set up camp probably out on the coast.